WP7 – Scaling up and replication
WP7 is structured along three main activities:
Partners involved: CEA, EPFL,IT4Power,Nester, Ingeteam,Schneider Electrics,EFACEC, SAFT, ELIA, REN, REE, RTE
- To improve the interoperability framework IEC61850 for plug&play integration and better exploitation of flexibility solutions, in compliance with ENTSO-E’s dedicated workgroup. This work (using real-life data from the demos) will be an important step to lower the cost of integration and to promote a competitive procurement environment;
- To develop an optimal TSO-DSO coordination framework for operational planning and management of flexibility sources;
- To develop application-specific design & control of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS), including multiservice applications, in order to improve the cost effectiveness of storage installations, and the profitability of the business models;
- To set up a shared field-experience database and data analytics for accelerated feedback & learning from the use of BESS in power systems, open not only to the demos but also to any other stakeholder of the energy system, and sustainable beyond the present OSMOSE project.
WP status (November 2020)
WP7 drafted a proposal of refinement to the IEC61850 engineering process to ease the specification, configuration and installation of intelligent electronic devices with optimal communication at electrical substations (deliverable D7.1). A related end-to-end interoperability demonstration has been prepared at Nester Laboratory and first tests were performed in third quarter of 2020. Results of this demonstration will lead to a series of recommendations to enhance the IEC61850 standard.
Task 7.2 focuses on demonstrating the benefits of a coordinated exploitation of flexibility on DSOs grids taking into account TSO constraints. To that end, a Flexibility Scheduler software was developed, and the results of its laboratory real-time testing will be available by the beginning of 2021.
Deliverables for download
- 7.1 – IEC61850 ENTSO-E Profile introduction and Engineering Process Refinement: describes the IEC61850 engineering process, as it is proposed by the ENTSO-E IEC61850 taskforce and further defined and enhanced by OSMOSED
- D7.5 – Methodology report for application-specific design of BESS: describes a simulation-based method for optimal sizing of BESS and its implementation on two illustrative application cases. It gives some recommendations on the influencing factors investigated through sensitivity analysis, those whose impact has the same magnitude regardless to the application from those whose impact is application-dependent.