ELES is an integral part of the Slovenian electrical power industry. The company’s headquarters are located in Hajdrihova 2, 1000 Ljubljana, and other 14 business units are located all across Slovenia. As the system operator of the Slovenia’s transmission network, ELES preserves the balance between generated and consumed power, 24 hours per day, year in, year out. Ensuring that electricity is continually on hand to all is an onerous task, which the company performs admirably. Established and owned by the state and upholding the standards of a contemporarily organized enterprise, ELES, with its 530 employees and state-of-the-art technology, stands side-by-side with Europe’s most advanced transmission system operators. ELES endeavors to plan, construct and maintain Slovenia’s transmission network strategically, responsibly and sustainably. However, by managing the entire Slovenian Transmission network, ELES ensures the safe, reliable and continuous transmission of electrical power. As system operator of the transmission network, all of the company’s mandated and regulated public service activities are financed from grid fees. ELES is aware that its system, when necessary, encroaches upon the environment and life; ELES however, such is achieved prudently following the principles of sustainable development of social and natural milleu. Hence, the company establishes the bonds of partnership and mutual trust carefully, balancing its respects for the natural environment and social responsibility with its actions in accordance with applicable law.
MAIN TASKS ATTRIBUTED IN THE PROJECT
ELES will lead WP6, coordinate the tasks and support task leaders in:
- designing algorithms and processes for enhancing existing flexibility platforms, as well as
- designing specifications for the tool covering close to real time assessment of potential for cross border energy exchange and for energy management bidding platform;
- development of software prototype platform for real time assessment of available cross-zonal capabilities for energy exchanges;
- developing flexibility co-optimization platform;
- implementation of energy management platform;
- use case and KPIs refinement and demonstration tests design;
- demonstration tests;
- impact analysis of the performed field tests and exploitation.
More specifically, ELES will contribute to tasks 6.1 to 6.7 with specific contribution to Task 6.3.