EFACEC Energia, Máquinas e Equipamentos Eléctricos SA is a member of the EFACEC Power Solutions Group, the largest Portuguese group in the electromechanical area. The areas where EFACEC Energia is active involve the supply of turnkey engineering systems, including basic and detailed project, procurement, assembly and testing. EFACEC Energia carries out its activities in the fields of Energy, providing Energy Solutions projected for Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Power Systems Automation. Other units of the EFACEC Group are:
- Power Generation Unit: This Business Unit, with wide experience in domestic and international markets, focuses its activity on energy solutions for Power Generation, especially in the field of the “Balance of Plant BOP”, namely through Electrical and Mechanical Installations, Fuel and Coal Thermoelectric Power Plants Rehabilitation, Control and Instrumentation Systems and Overall Electrical Systems.
- Power Transmission and Distribution Unit: This Business Unit, with wide experience in domestic and international markets, focuses its activity on energy solutions provided for Power Transmission and Distribution Networks, based on a philosophy of competitiveness and differentiation, integrating different technological competences.
- Power Systems Automation Business Unit: After developing its own technology and acquiring expertise over a period started in the early 80’s, this business unit focused its core business on solutions for Power Networks Management and Automation, based on a philosophy of innovation and differentiation with a strong integration capability of diversified technological competences.
The EFACEC Group provides solution for Distribution / Transmission, Network Management Systems, Integrated Substation Command, Control and Protection Systems, Distribution Automation, Generation, Power Plants Management Systems, Renewable Energy Power Plants Dispatching, Hydroelectric Power Plant Automation, Wind Farms Power Plant Automation. Within EFACEC Energia, the Automation Business Unit supplies turnkey systems for power system management, automation and protection. Also, on the area of smart grids, EFACEC supplies smart meters, data concentrator and advanced management and communication systems. Also, the Electric Mobility Business Unit is a worldwide manufacturer of Electric Vehicle charging stations (Domestic, normal and fast charging) with several references already under operation
EFACEC has a long list of references all over the world. The clients with systems and solutions currently operational range over 65 countries.
MAIN TASK ATTRIBUTED IN THE PROJECT
- Within the scope of the WP7 – task TSO/DSO interface optimization
- Within the scope of the WP7 – task Interoperability IEC 61850